Student Code of Conduct
Standards for Student Conduct.
Each student is expected to:
- Demonstrate courtesy, even when others do not.
- Behave in a responsible manner, always exercising self-discipline.
- Attend all classes, regularly and on time.
- Prepare for each class; take appropriate materials and assignments to class.
- Meet Turning Pointe standards of grooming and dress.
- Obey all school and classroom rules.
- Respect the rights and privileges of students, teachers, and other staff and volunteers.
- Respect the property of others, including school property and facilities.
- Cooperate with and assist Turning Pointe staff in maintaining safety, order, and discipline.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Student Code of Conduct.
Mistreatment of Others
Students shall not:
- Use profanity or vulgar language or make obscene gestures.
- Threaten a student, employee, or volunteer
- Engage in bullying, harassment.
- Cause an individual to act through the use of or threat of force (coercion).
- Engage in inappropriate verbal or physical conduct directed toward another person, including a student, employee, or volunteer.
Turning Pointe aims to ensure that all students learn in a mutually supportive, caring and safe environment without fear of being bullied. Bullying is anti-social behaviour and is recognised as deliberate, hurtful behaviour which is repeated over a period of time.
ALL instances of bullying should be reported immediately to the class teacher so it can be dealt with professionally.
We believe there are three main forms of bullying:
- Verbal: e.g. name-calling, teasing, insulting, writing notes, making threats or abuse of any kind, including online or by electronic media.
- Physical: e.g. hitting, kicking, spitting, removing belongings, damaging property;
- Emotional: e.g. ostracising, tormenting, spreading rumours, gesturing;
Turning Pointe can only be responsible for incidents which happen during their classes and are not responsible for incidents happening outside of the classroom or on private social media accounts.